EP 19 - Furniture, Diversity, and Growing a Meet up
We’re trying something new for episode 19! I jumped on the microphone to answer 3 questions from listeners and readers like you! I had a TON of fun doing this and if you like it I really want to do more of them.
[1:54] Judy asks: What things should we consider when approaching the issue of purchasing furniture for our coworking space? Does brand/price/store matter and how feasible is a D.I.Y. construction approach to this problem?
[7:48] Stuart Asks: How do you distinguish your coworking space’s demographic and is it necessary to do so by catering to a specific type? Is it better to have it as a universal space or focused on digital or creative types?
[12:47] Cecelia asks: I started a meetup where 1–2 people come each time (and it’s been great) but the response hasn’t been overwhelming. Even though I feel more efficient and disciplined with people around, I’m not sure what to do next to get more people.
Want to get your question answered on the show?
Email me: firstname.lastname@example.org Tweet at me: @alexhillman
BONUS POINTS if you record audio of yourself asking the question. You can even use the voice recorder on your phone if you don’t have a fancy podcast setup. Just email me the audio file :)
We’ll pick the best questions and get them (and you) on the show.
Get your tickets now!
Here's the skinny on the People at Work Summit:
- It's happening on April 21st, 2016.
- It's spanning 24 hours, so there will be live programming in every time zone (including yours).
- And it's entirely online - so you can join from anywhere with an internet connection.
- Every 10 tickets purchased provides 1 full scholarship to promote inclusion and diversity of awesome but under-represented people and nations. That's community-powered financial aid right there, folks.
- Our "Founding Member" tickets start at just $99.
If you can't tell, I'm as giddy as a school boy about this.
And now the first batch of tickets are available.
Subscribe to the show to get a new episode every Monday
And don't forget you can also follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/alexhillman :)